Who We Are
The Home Performance Stakeholder Council is made up of a core group of dedicated industry representatives committed to working together to advance home performance in British Columbia. Home performance is a holistic approach to identifying and addressing energy efficiency, comfort, health, and safety-related issues to make a home perform better. The HPSC serves as the lead industry facilitators to increase the supply and demand for BC contractors to deliver quality, affordable services for consumers that focus on whole home performance.
Need support? Send a message to Admin-HPSC using the message icon at the top right of the screen after logging in.
Questions or issues before you get logged in about the course or the HPSC? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Installation of Retrofits in BC Homes
Please follow the instructions below to enroll in enroll in courses. For further detail please see the video tutorial.
Please note: Video does not have sound.
More About HPSC Courses
Interested in enhancing your skills in residential retrofits and staying ahead of the competition?
The Home Performance Stakeholder Council is pleased to announce the following courses for residential HVAC and insulation contractors:
- Training course for HVAC contractors on quality furnace and heat pump retrofit installations where learners can expect to learn:
- How to evaluate existing HVAC systems at pre-changeout and develop installation strategies to optimize performance of replacement furnaces and heat pumps.
- Opportunities to incorporate quality installation components designed to achieve improved comfort, equipment longevity, energy savings and greenhouse gas reductions for your customers.
- Best practices on equipment commissioning and consumer education to support proper operation/maintenance.
- Training course for insulation contractors on the quality installation of insulation retrofits where learners can expect to learn:
- Overview of health and safety practices and the use of hand tools and equipment relevant to insulation retrofits
- Building science topics, highlighting heat and moisture flow mechanisms, the importance of house as a system concepts, different types of insulation products, etc.
- Best practices for applying different types of insulation in retrofit applications, including specialty products and quality control
- Overview of relevant concepts related to project management and leadership training
Supported by the Ministry of Energy and Mines, BC Hydro and FortisBC, these courses will become part of the program registered contractors mandatory training requirements in the future.
Your cart is empty