Who We Are
The Home Performance Stakeholder Council is made up of a core group of dedicated industry representatives committed to working together to advance home performance in British Columbia. Home performance is a holistic approach to identifying and addressing energy efficiency, comfort, health, and safety-related issues to make a home perform better. The HPSC serves as the lead industry facilitators to increase the supply and demand for BC contractors to deliver quality, affordable services for consumers that focus on whole home performance.
Need technical support? Use the message icon at the top of the screen.
Questions about the course or the HPSC? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Installation of Retrofits in BC Homes
Instructions to Enroll in Courses
Step 1: Select the course(s) you want to enroll in by clicking on the blue “Add” buttons.
Step 2: Click on the green “Proceed to Cart” button (if you do not see the button, first click on “Shopping Cart” in the top right corner).
Step 3: Create an account (or login if you have an existing account). Note: this account is specific to the homeperformancetraining.ca website and is not the same account used for the HPCN or PRC program portals.
Step 4: Once you have logged in, proceed to check out and enter your HPCN or PRC coupon code (if applicable).
You are ready to complete your training!
More About HPSC Courses
Interested in enhancing your skills in residential retrofits and staying ahead of the competition?
The Home Performance Stakeholder Council is pleased to announce the following courses for residential HVAC and insulation contractors:
- Training course for HVAC contractors on quality furnace and heat pump retrofit installations where learners can expect to learn:
- How to evaluate existing HVAC systems at pre-changeout and develop installation strategies to optimize performance of replacement furnaces and heat pumps.
- Opportunities to incorporate quality installation components designed to achieve improved comfort, equipment longevity, energy savings and greenhouse gas reductions for your customers.
- Best practices on equipment commissioning and consumer education to support proper operation/maintenance.
- Training course for insulation contractors on the quality installation of insulation retrofits where learners can expect to learn:
- Overview of health and safety practices and the use of hand tools and equipment relevant to insulation retrofits
- Building science topics, highlighting heat and moisture flow mechanisms, the importance of house as a system concepts, different types of insulation products, etc.
- Best practices for applying different types of insulation in retrofit applications, including specialty products and quality control
- Overview of relevant concepts related to project management and leadership training
Supported by the Ministry of Energy and Mines, BC Hydro and FortisBC, these courses will become part of the program registered contractors mandatory training requirements in the future.
Your cart is empty